The venue: in the Serengeti
Serengeti National Park is undoubtedly the best-known wildlife sanctuary in the world, unequalled for its natural beauty and scientific value, it has the greatest concentration of plains game in Africa. The Serengeti National Park in Tanzania was established in 1952. It is home to the greatest wildlife spectacle on earth – the great migration of wildebeest and zebra. The resident population of lion, cheetah, elephant, giraffe, and birds is also impressive.
Obtaining special wedding license
Allowances and transport for the official
Venue within the camp settings
Champagne for the couple
Bouquet of local flowers
Special lunch or dinner for the couple and guests on private setting
Legalisation of the certificate after the wedding for registration in your home country
Extra’s to book
Set in the midst of an incredible scenery of savannah and skies, you find Ikoma Tented Camp, sheltered in a grove of acacia trees. Ikoma has 35 traditional Meru tents, each under thatch with a private veranda overlooking the impressive plains of the Serengeti.
The central restaurant and bar area boast a large camp fire – an ideal spot to unwind with a chilled drink after a long days of exciting game viewing. Ikoma Tented Camp is ideally situated at the border of the world-renowned Serengeti National Park, along the path of the migrating wildebeests between Kenya and Tanzania.
From Ikoma you can enter the western corridor of the park, taking in Kirawira and the Grumeti river – home to the giant wildebeest-eating crocodiles. There is no better place to enjoy one of the world’s greatest wildlife spectacles. Staying at Ikoma Tented Camp gives you the unique opportunity to enjoy a night game drive or a walking safari, as the camp is located just outside the national park boundary. A great chance to see and hear some of the nocturnal animals that can’t be spotted in daytime, such as the Leopard, Aardvark and the Bat-eared fox.
Ikoma at a glance …
• 35 spacious tented rooms with attached bathroom and a private veranda with stunning views of the Serengeti
• Bathroom with shower, flush toilet, wash hand basin, soap, towels and bottled water
• Mosquito nets, candles with matches and electrical lighting in the tent
• Spacious restaurant and bar area serving a daily changing 4 course menu, and complementary coffee and tea in the afternoon
• Cold drink service at the rooms by sunset
• Bush breakfast or bush dinner is possible on request
• Support of the local village by daily bed night fees and a yearly grant
• Activities: night game drive, walking safari at sunrise or sunset, visit to local Maasai village, balloon
• Airstrip nearby